Applications are invited for the 2015 Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students to study in China. Scholarships are awarded for doctorial, master, undergraduate, junior college and long term students at higher education institutions, higher vocational colleges and junior colleges.
The Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarships are provided and funded by the Sichuan Provincial Government for studies at the Sichuan Province of China. The scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the higher education institutions, higher vocational colleges and junior colleges located at the province and approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
The scholarships are renewed every year for its beneficiaries until they finish their study on the premise approved by the institution every year.
Excellent students among the doctoral, master, undergraduate, junior college and long term students who are studying in the relevant institutions or who are applying to study in the institutions are eligible to apply. Applications are welcome from domestic and international students.
The value of the scholarships is as follows:
- Doctoral students scholarship: 30000 RMB/person/year
- Master students scholarship: 25000 RMB/person/year
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20000 RMB/person/year
- Junior college student scholarship:15000 RMB/person/year
- Long-term students scholarship: 10000 RMB/person/year
How to apply
Foreign students can search on the website of Sichuan Province Institutions they are interested in,to get information about the procedure of enrolment and application for the scholarships. Based on the application requirements, foreign students may directly submit written application to the relevant institutions.
The application package must include the following:
- The application form for Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarship
- The notarized photocopies of the highest diploma and transcript of candidate. (Candidates must attach notarized translations in Chinese or English of documents in languages other than Chinese or English)
- Photocopy of the passport
- Health certificate
- Letters of recommendations from two professors or associate professors of an applicant’s universities or colleges. (For master and doctoral students only)
- Any other materials needed by the relevant institutions
The scholarship application form is accepted ever year from January to June.
Note: the relevant institutions accept the scholarship forms promptly according to the enrolment standard for the scholarships and the qualification of the students.
For further information and for enquiries, visit the official webpage at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=105&id=2961